Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assistant
60-61 Credit Hours
The Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assistant is designed to prepare students to function in multiple functions in health care settings from routine office procedures to administering medications as directed by the doctor. Completers will be ready for entry level positions in doctors’ offices and health clinics.
Special Admissions/Enrollment Requirements:
- be at least 18 years of age.
- have a high school diploma, or equivalent, at the time of application.
- meet required placement test scores or successful completion of DRDG 1024 Developmental Reading II and DENG 1054 Developmental English II.
- meet required placement test scores or successful completion of DMTH 1304 Foundations of Mathematics.
- have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 or greater on all previously completed course work.
- complete a program application, which is available from the Allied Health Sciences Division.
- interview with program faculty.
- submit to a substance abuse screening and criminal background check during the first week of class and before starting externship. • complete and submit proof of immunization by the end of the second semester of enrollment for the following: Hepatitis-B, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP), Flu, and a negative TB skin test.