The purpose of the ASU Mid-South/Arkansas Community Colleges Academic All-Star Program is to recognize the scholarly and service achievements of outstanding Associate Degree-seeking students.
The student selected for this honor will receive:
• A $500 scholarship for each of the following fall and spring semesters at ASU Mid-South
• Formal recognition at the Arkansas Community College (ACC) All-Star Awards Brunch in the Fall
• Recognition at their commencement the following spring
• Special transfer scholarship opportunities to select Arkansas College and Universities
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
• Completion of at least 24 cumulative college level credit hours towards an Associate Degree by June 1 of the application year
• Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25
• Currently enrolled at ASU Mid-South, with plans to continue enrollment through at least the following Fall Semester
• On track to graduate from ASU Mid-South with an associate degree by the following spring (or its subsequent summer) semester
• Demonstrated involvement in campus and/or community activities
To Be Considered
Students may be considered in one of two ways: (1) application or (2) nomination by a full-time faculty or staff member at ASU Mid-South. In both cases, students will be asked to provide a personal statement, examples of campus and/or community engagement, and other items. The deadline for applications or nominations will be in April of each year, with the recipient to be announced in mid-May.