Academic advising at ASU Mid-South focuses on student success.
Your academic advisor will work with you to create a solid foundation that moves you steadily toward your goals.
Be sure to interact frequently with your advisor. He or she will have the information you need to establish priorities, and overcome potential roadblocks. You can rely on your advisor’s expertise and wisdom, and learn to take increasing responsibility for your future.
Academic advisors can assist you with the following:
Degree plan development
Course selection to ensure degree attainment
Comprehension of course expectations
Familiarity with academic and college policies, procedures, and requirements
Identification of strategies and resources for academic success
Who is my Advisor and How are they Assigned?
Students will be assigned a faculty advisor according to their program area and last name. You can find your advisor in Starfish. Open any class in Canvas, then choose Starfish from the class menu on the left. In the blue bar that says “Starfish”, click on the white 3 lines, then choose “My Success Network”. Your Faculty Advisor will be listed – and you can click on the 3 dots to the right of the name to reach out.
For success, we encourage students to take ownership of their future:
- Know the name and contact information for your advisor
- Schedule appointments with your advisor
- Keep up with your degree plan
- Become familiar with the requirements for your declared major of study
- Contact your advisor if you are in academic distress
- Become familiar with campus resources
- Contact your advisor concerning transfer, withdrawal from a course, or excessive absences
To reach out to your advisor, or to get more information on academic advising email MyAdvisor@asumidsouth.edu or call us at 870-733-6766.