ASU Mid-South, a comprehensive community college serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, is seeking a part-time Work Ready Essentials Instructor for the Arkansas Delta Workforce Opportunity in Rural Communities (WORC*) grant initiative. A collaboration of the U.S. Department of Labor and the Delta Regional Authority, the purpose of the initiative is to increase labor participation rates in regional demand occupations in Eastern Arkansas, targeting new entrants to the workforce, dislocated workers, and formerly incarcerated individuals. This position will be responsible for providing non-credit career readiness instruction to help prepare program participants for successful entry and persistence in the workforce. This position will also be responsible for some case management responsibilities, such as determining program eligibility and assisting participants in developing Individual Education Plans (IEPs). The Work Ready Essentials Instructor is a part-time, grant-funded position, working up to 29 hours a week, and is not benefits eligible. The position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce and Strategic Initiatives. A compelling combination of educational background, work experience, and professional credentials may be considered in the identification of the successful candidate.
*Arkansas Delta WORC. Project period is 10/1/19-9/30/22.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in workforce education, workforce development, student services, career services, education administration or leadership, organizational management, adult education, or career and technical education or related field.
- Related work experience which includes instructional or training responsibilities in providing career and work readiness instruction. Community college experience is a plus.
- Experience in working with students of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
- Ability to integrate a variety of career resources; coach and motivate students; provide assistance with goal setting and barrier resolution; and maintain student data and documentation,
- Experience in administering ACT WorkKeys and the National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also to coordinate and collaborate with multiple internal and external teams.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Proficient technology skills in the Microsoft Office Suite. A computer skills test may be a required part of the interview process.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Serve as the primary instructor of the Work Ready Essentials program for ADWORC participants.
- Administer the ACT WorkKeys and National Career Readiness Certificate program to ADWORC participants, including those in the Work Ready Essentials program and ADWORC targeted pathways.
- Monitor and document student attendance, progression, and attainment; maintain accurate, complete, and timely data as required for grant documentation.
- Help to facilitate ADWORC intake, eligibility, incentive, documentation, and student support processes in collaboration with other ADWORC personnel.
- Assist with ADWORC recruitment, orientation, and follow-up processes.
- Seek to motivate participants to participate in all aspects of relevant education and training.
- Participate in grant-related meetings and activities.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of the following items. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- A detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the position.https://www.asumidsouth.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Employment_Application.pdf) 5. College transcripts. 2. A current resume. 3. A list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each. 4. A completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application. (
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Arkansas State University Mid-Southhumanresources@asumidsouth.eduATTN: Human Resources 2000 West Broadway West Memphis, AR 72301 870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.