Dr. Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center
This is a full-time (30 hour/week), 10-month position with full college benefits.
The Wellness Coordinator reports to the Director of Learning Success Center and has responsibilities for the following: develop and manage an intramurals program, manage the Thomas B. Goldsby Athletic Training Center, promote a team environment among participants, collect participation data and resultant retention and academic success data, document the use of facilities, develop guidelines for safe use of facilities, develop a schedule for use of facilities, and enforce safety guidelines. The Wellness Coordinator will also take an active role in campus-wide student activities and participate on the Student Activities Committee and the Wellness Committee. Active campus participation is expected and an ability to quickly build relationships with students to encourage participation will be needed.
Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Proposed Salary: $25,250.00 with competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family. Additional duties based on education and experience may allow for additional income opportunities.
Projected Start Date: October 1, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, kinesiology, or related field with 2 years’ experience leading fitness and sports programs
- Experience working with disadvantaged, minority and/or low income students in an educational setting
- Good organizational, communication, and computer skills
- Experience teaching or working in programs to promote wellness and physical fitness
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check and driver’s license review as part of the employment process.
Required Application Materials:
- a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
- a complete ASU Mid-South application for employment,
- contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position,
- a resume or curriculum vitae, and
- copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
Forward your application and additional paperwork to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to HumanResources@asumidsouth.edu
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers