This is a 12-month, full-time position with full college benefits (90% funded by TRIO SSS, 10% funded by ASU-Mid-South).
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, sociology or related field with preference given to candidates with a master’s degree. Prior experience in college student services, working with under-prepared adult students, or dealing with adults who need assistance in reaching goals is preferred. Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse populations. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
General Job Description: The TRIO SSS Academic Coach reports directly to the Director of Student Support Services and participates in recruiting, identifying, recommending and enrolling eligible students in the program; provides academic, career and life skills coaching to students in case-management format; monitors the academic progress of students and identifies support resources as needed; facilitates student retention by assisting with goal setting, by providing self-improvement workshops and career guidance; assists students in selecting and completing admissions paperwork (which includes financial aid documents) for transfer to a four-year institution. Coaches must also maintain current and accurate program files and meet other requirements for compliance with federal regulations and college policies. The position requires some evening hours, several overnight stay for conferences and weekend hours during special events.
• To assist in Identifying and selecting a minimum of 180 applicants to participate in the program each grant year.
• Complete Individual Education Plan (IEP), application, acceptance agreement, program evaluation and other required documentation within four weeks of participant’s acceptance into the program.
• Collaborate with Campus Partners to develop, provide and evaluate academic, career, disability, financial literacy and personal support workshops for participants.
• Provide consistent academic, personal, transfer, career and financial literacy coaching to participants to increase retention and graduation rates.
• Communicate with instructors, Campus Partners, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, and external agencies to provide participants with needed support and evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $35,000. ASU Mid-South offers a competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and educational discounts for employee and family.
Projected Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application materials include a completed ASU Mid-South Application for Employment, a letter of interest in the position, a resume with three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position, and copies of college transcript(s). This complete set of documents should be forwarded to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
Documents may also be faxed to 870-733-6741 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.