Title III Strengthening Institutions Program
Arkansas State University Mid-South, a comprehensive community college serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, seeks a full-time Online Services Specialist. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant team, which is developing and implementing numerous technology-based strategies to support student learning, retention, and success. This transformative initiative includes implementation of a variety of online student services and the creation of several online courses, certificates, and associate degrees with an intensive focus on quality standards and certification of online courses and faculty professional development.
The Online Services Specialist reports to the Title III Project Director, while collaborating with faculty and staff from across the College to accomplish grant activities and objectives. This is a full-time, 12-month, grant-funded position with full college benefits. The time period of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant is October 1, 2021-September 30, 2024. A compelling combination of applicant credentials and experience may be considered.
- Master’s degree in student services area, such as College Student Personnel, Student Affairs Administration, Education Leadership, or related.
- Demonstrated competence in online advising platforms, such as Banner Degree Works or similar.
- Familiarity with different online advising options.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Canvas Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated understanding of academic needs of underprepared, low income, first generation in college, and traditionally underrepresented students.
- Familiarity with Starfish or similar ERP programs.
- Experience with online tutoring and student support platforms.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a higher education student services environment, preferably in a community college.
- Promote online advising and career exploration resources, such as EMSI Career Coach, to faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in the development of processes and communication for working with students enrolled in online courses to connect them with the necessary support services.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to Identify, develop, and implement relevant resources to support the enrollment of online students.
- Participate in internal workshops and training opportunities to learn about ASU Mid-South technology infrastructure and capabilities, processes, the student information system, electronic data/files management, and security protocols.
- Provide navigation services for a variety of online education paths, with a focus on General Education and Transfer courses.
- Participate in ongoing reviews to help ensure that current forms and processes can be completed remotely by students who are enrolled in online courses and degrees.
- Maintain time/effort and other grant documentation, as required.
- Participate in grant-related and other College meetings and activities, such as Title III grant meetings and faculty/staff meetings.
- Participate in College committees, such as the Enrollment Management, Retention and Persistence Committee, Student Communications, and others relevant to the responsibilities of the position, as requested.
- Participate in commencement, registration, and other College activities, as required.
- Become familiar with and comply with College policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for other duties which may be assigned.
$37,500 with full College benefits. Competitive benefits package available, including retirement; health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurance; a flex benefits plan; tuition discounts; and retirement plan.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the stated expectations of the position; (2) a current resume or curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each; (4) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application, and (5) college transcripts. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Please note that all employees of Arkansas State University are subject to a background check and a driver’s license report.
Forward your application and additional paperwork to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to HumanResources@asumidsouth.edu
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.