General Description: This a full-time, 40 hour per week grant-funded position that includes days and some evening hours at ASU-Mid-South campus and off-site locations that may include out-of-county travel and correctional facilities. The Lead Instructor reports directly to the Director of Adult Education and assists the Adult Education Director in managing the program faculty, curriculum, and instruction.
Model effective teaching
- Provides effective instruction for Adult Education students using state-approved best practices; designs and selects classroom activities and lessons which help students progress toward skills achievement; counsels students monthly on their progress;
- Participates in team teaching and planning as appropriate; maintains order and discipline in the classroom; maintains the integrity of all classroom materials.
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
- Analyze assessment data and use it to inform and differentiate your instruction
- Maintain close relationships with students, including phone calls and conferences
Develop and support faculty
- Lead instructional staff to improve teaching quickly and measurably through instructional observations, on-the-spot coaching data conversations.
- Lead collaborative groups and professional learning communities that use summative, interim, and formative data (e., Faculty Meetings, Weekly Data Talks)
- Monitor the faculty’s use of instructional assessments (TABE, BEST, GED Ready)
- Assist faculty in the use of formative assessment practices to improve student learning and inform instruction
Support curriculum management and development
- Work in tandem with the Director to ensure fidelity of academic program implementation
- Review teacher’s managed and open enrollment courses and provide feedback
- Support the creation and implementation of a culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Select instructional materials that meet programming goals
- Develops new content and revise existing content to ensure the highest quality product
As an instructional leader, acquire knowledge of and work to support and achieve the goals outlined by ASU Mid-South and the Adult Education Division of the Department of Career Education.
- Engages in professional development for job enhancement and growth
- Attends conferences and workshops to learn about developing practices and program requirements.
- Attends college advisory and registration meetings and other workshops related to student retention and success
- Completes the required number of professional hours for program compliance.
Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Master’s degree in education, administration or related field required. Valid Arkansas Teacher License. If not licensed in Adult Education, selected applicant must otain licensure within three years of employment and show progress toward certification annually. Five (5) years’ experience as a teacher or administrator in education or related field.
Salary: Commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
Review of Applications: Begins immediately with an expected start date of January 7, 2019
Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application to include three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of any applicable college transcripts. Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.