Full-Time, Grant-Funded Position through June 2020
(Possibility of Renewal after end of grant)
Immediate Supervisor: This position reports directly to the Director of Adult Education.
General Description: This a full-time, 40 hour per week grant-funded position that includes days and some evening hours at various adult education sites in Cross County. The Administrative Specialist assists the Adult Education Director by providing administrative and operational support for the program in Cross County.
Serves as primary administrative and front desk support at Cross County Library
○ Answer the phone and receive students in a professional and welcoming manner that reflects the missions of Adult education: to invite and challenge adult learners
○ Provide preliminary computer tech support to Adult Education staff and students
○ Prepare and gather information and materials for meetings, discussions, and decision-making.
○ Manage and organize the Department’s Grants Repository Folder, Google Drive, and Sharepoint
○ Supports or coordinates Regional/State trainings, outreach efforts, commencement activities,
○ Maintains the Adult Education Department Master Calendar of events, deadlines, reminders, and follow up items.
○ Communicate directly to the Adult Education Director of matters involving timeliness and/or accuracy with staff.
Monitors policies, procedures, and expenditures to ensure optimal operating efficiency and compliance:
○ Assists with requisition entry, supply orders and travel arrangements.
○ Responsible for maintaining an inventory control system for each of the seven Adult Education purchasing codes and ensuring that all Adult Education inventory tags are assigned and attached to each item.
○ Responsible for updating the Adult Education Center inventory tracking form and updating the form with each equipment or low-value purchase and revising the inventory form each time a piece of equipment or low-value item is relocated. This responsibility includes equipment located at each of the four off-campus Adult Education Center sites.
○ Responsible for providing training to new staff members on time and effort forms.
○ Works directly with the Mid-South Grants Management Office to ensure time and effort forms are submitted in a timely manner and that all time, effort, and leave are recorded accurately.
○ Regularly meets with grant compliance officer(s) to ensure all requirements of the grant are consistently followed and documented to meet internal, state and federal grant guidelines.
○ Welcomes new employees to department by conducting orientation, sharing new hire resources, and collecting onboarding documents.
Manage the department’s internal and external communication efforts
○ Aid in the distribution of recruitment/retention tools
○ Share upcoming events and activities with Marketing Department
○ Own updates to the department’s website in a timely and accurate manner/proactively add fresh content to the website, soliciting feedback and updates on an ongoing basis
○ Lead digital communications efforts on email and social media platforms
Responds to internal and external requests for assistance with courtesy, efficiency, and accuracy:
○ Facilitates reservations and maintenance requests
○ Schedule appointments as appropriate for the Lead Instructor, Cross County
Engages in professional development for job enhancement and growth
○ Attends conferences and/or workshops to learn about developing practices and program requirements.
○ Attends college advisory and registration meetings and other workshops related to student retention and success.
○ Completes the required number of professional hours for program compliance.
Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High school diploma required; associate degree preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms. Must be able to effectively organize and retrieve files and records and operate standard office equipment. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, telephone, written and oral communication skills. Must have a demonstrated track record of professional dependability and reliability, including punctuality and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work both without supervision and as part of a team. The skills test will be required.
Salary: $25,268.00 – $29,800.00; Commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue the position is filled. Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application to include three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of all
applicable college transcripts. Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.