POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision and management of the ASU Mid-South Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center which houses the Tutoring Center, Disability Services, and the ASU Mid-South Testing Center. Responsible for the development of learning support programs and operations associated with student academic preparation, remediation, retention, and success. The Director of the Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center works closely with the instructional divisions and reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. This is a full-time, 12-month position with full college benefits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education, Counseling, Curriculum and Instruction, or a core academic area; three or more year’s related experience including supervision of employees. (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.) Knowledge of current trends for retaining students, serving students with documented disabilities, ability to work with diverse learners, effective written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership skills, and the proven ability to develop and provide intervention-based instruction. Prior teaching experience preferred.
· Design and implement all tutorial instruction in response to both student and academic department needs.
· Work with Student Services and instructional staff in addressing student learning concerns.
· Administer the college’s disability services program, providing all necessary training and support to ensure a culture of ADA compliance.
· Oversee administration of placement and exit testing, including scheduling, scoring, and reporting of results.
· Coordinate, organize and execute ASU Mid-South’s new student orientation program (NSO).
· Coordinate, organize and execute ASU Mid-South’s first-year experience (FYE) program, College Success, including the development and assessment of course curriculum and student learning outcomes and the identification of course faculty.
· Develop programming to enhance remediation and retention services and improve outcomes.
· Co-Chair both the Student Success and the Academic Advising subcommittees and serve as a campus advocate for quality academic advising.
· Manage the College’s Early Alert program.
· Chair the Academic Suspension Appeals committee and work individually with students who have been placed on Academic Suspension and Probation to promote their retention and success.
· Work with the Student Activities Coordinator to promote student engagement in educational workshops.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the Learning Success Center (LSC), including supervising, hiring, training, and scheduling of personnel; coordinating LSC scheduling; and developing and monitoring the departmental budget.
· Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
· Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
· Other duties as assigned.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Testing Coordinators, Academic Coaches, and Front-Desk Staff
PROPOSED SALARY: $47,500 with competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
PROJECTED START DATE: September 9th, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.