Immediate Supervisor: This position reports directly to the Director of Adult Education.
General Description: This is a part-time, grant-funded position that includes days and some evening hours at the ASU Mid-South campus and off-site locations that may include out of county travel and correctional facilities. The instructor will facilitate Adult Education classes during scheduled times using best practices.
1. Provides effective instruction for Adult Education students using state approved best practices:
· Designs and selects classroom activities and lessons which help students progress toward skills achievement.
· Counsels students monthly on their progress in the classroom, making applicable notes in the students’ files.
· Participates in team teaching and planning as appropriate.
· Maintains order and discipline in the classroom.
· Protects confidentiality of student information and records by maintaining them in a secure environment at all times.
· Communicates resource needs to ASU Mid-South Adult Education Office staff.
· Maintains integrity of all classroom materials
2. Assists in achieving Adult Education program goals and measurable objectives in support of grant guidelines and the College’s mission and purposes, strategic goals, and vision statements:
· Uses students test data to develop an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for each student.
· May administer BEST or BEST Plus Test to determine student placement for English Language Learner (ELL) students.
· Tracks student progress and attendance to ensure post-tests are administered in a timely manner by reviewing LACES system weekly.
· Documents student performance: daily attendance, test results, and classroom work. Report student data weekly to the database administrator.
· Participates in GED graduation and Adult Education recruitment activities.
· Works with ASU Mid-South and other state agencies (i.e. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act – WIOA) to promote student retention and advancement to post-secondary education or workplace opportunities through programs such as Accelerating Opportunities and WAGE.
3. Engages in professional development for job enhancement and growth.
· Attends conferences and/or workshops to learn of developing practices and program requirements.
· Attends college advisory and registration meetings and other workshops related to student retention and success.
· Completes required number of professional development hours for program compliance.
4. Provides other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A valid Arkansas Teaching License is required. General computer skills required, as well as attention to detail, ability to organize and execute multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision. Must have a demonstrated track record of professional dependability and reliability, including punctuality and attention to detail, as well as ability to work both without supervision and as part of a team. Must maintain up-to-date licensure and credentials, as required by the State of Arkansas. May be required to obtain an English Language Learning (ELL) certification.
Salary: $18 – 20 per hour. Commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
Review of Applications: Begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.