Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South) is seeking an experienced professional to serve to serve as the Lead Faculty for Welding. The Lead Faculty for Welding has responsibility for the instruction and evaluation of Welding Technology courses for both college students and for high school students enrolled at ASU Mid-South.
Duties and Responsibilities
Instruct and evaluate Welding Technology courses for both college students and high school students enrolled. Welding topics include, but are not limited to, safety, blueprint reading, layout procedures, and proper use of materials, equipment and tools in flux core arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and gas metal arc welding, with an emphasis on hands-on applications. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure program alignment with industry-recognized certifications and local industry needs
• Understand and comply with college policies and procedures.
• Teach courses in accordance with approved ASU Mid-South syllabi and academic standards
• Serve on college committees including program advisory committees
• Serve as an academic advisor for students enrolled in the Welding Technology program
• Assist with recruiting and retention initiatives
• Participate in the assessment of student learning
• Foster partnerships with welding buisinesses which support program outcomes
• Identify equipment and supplies which support the curriculum
• Ensure students adhere to safety and disciplinary regulations.
• Participate in commencement and support SkillsUSA activities/competitions for students
• Assist in the supervision of additional part-time and full-time faculty
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
Candidates must have AWS certification, or commitment to become certified within a designated time frame, and a minimum of three years of industry experience. Experience must include the competencies, skills and knowledge levels the instructor will be expected to teach. Candidates should be proficient in MS Office applications, and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
An associate’s degree in welding technology, industrial technology, engineering technology, or a related field with a bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates without a degree, but who have sufficient welding experience will be considered; but, if hired, must commit to complete a degree.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Proposed start date is September 5, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled. Applications should consist of
(1) a detailed cover letter addressing the stated expectations of the position;
(2) a current resume;
(3) a list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each;
(4) copy(ies) of college transcripts; and
(5) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application.
Documents should be sent to Jackie Leech, Director of Human Resources, ASU Mid-South, 2000 West Broadway, West Memphis, AR 72301. Fax – 870-733-6719. Email – email@example.com.
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.