Title III Strengthening Institutions Program
Arkansas State University Mid-South, a comprehensive community college serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, seeks a full-time Online Services Specialist. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant team, which is developing and implementing numerous technology-based strategies to support student learning, retention, and success. This transformative initiative includes implementation of a variety of online student services and the creation of several online courses, certificates, and associate degrees with an intensive focus on quality standards and certification of online courses and faculty professional development.
The Online Services Specialist reports to the Title III Project Director, while collaborating with faculty and staff from across the College to accomplish grant activities and objectives. This is a full-time, 12-month, grant-funded position with full college benefits. The time period of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant is October 1, 2021-September 30, 2024. A compelling combination of applicant credentials and experience may be considered.
· Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s degree preferred, in student services area, such as College Student Personnel, Student Affairs Administration, Education Leadership, or related.
· Demonstrated competence in online advising platforms, such as Banner Degree Works or similar.
· Familiarity with different online advising options.
· Demonstrated understanding of academic needs of underprepared, low income, first generation in college, and traditionally underrepresented students.
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
· Experience with the Canvas Learning Management System.
· Familiarity with Starfish or similar ERP programs.
· Experience with online tutoring, student support platforms, and mass communications resources for student populations.
· At least 3 years’ experience in a higher education student services environment, preferably in a community college.
· Promote and provide training related to online resources such as Starfish, EMSI Career Coach, TutorMe, Banner Self Service registration, and Banner DegreeWorks.
· Assist students in navigating processes and barriers, supporting student success in a variety of online education paths that include a focus on General Education and Transfer courses.
· Review forms and processes to help ensure that they can be completed remotely by students who are enrolled in online courses and degrees.
· Assist with the development, use, and management of data tracking related to online student services.
· Oversee and troubleshoot issues related to online advising and academic support.
· Manage DegreeWorks tasks, such as creating, entering, and maintaining courses and degree plans.
· Participate in communications roadmap planning and oversight of communication tools and mass communication platforms related to Banner, Cadence Mongoose, Remind, and other relevant resources.
· Collaborate with faculty and staff to Identify, develop, and implement resources to support students in using online admissions services and other online support services.
· Participate in internal workshops and training opportunities to learn about ASU Mid-South technology infrastructure and capabilities, processes, the student information system, electronic data/files management, and security protocols.
· Participate in grant-related and other College meetings and activities, such as Title III grant meetings and faculty/staff meetings.
· Participate in College committees relevant to the responsibilities of the position, as requested.
· Maintain time/effort and other grant documentation, as required.
· Participate in commencement, registration, and other College activities, as required.
· Become familiar with and comply with College policies and procedures.
· Assume responsibility for other duties which may be assigned.
$40,000 with full College benefits. Competitive benefits package available, including retirement; health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurance; a flex benefits plan; tuition discounts; and retirement plan.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, with a start date on or after March 4, 2022. Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the stated expectations of the position; (2) a current resume or curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each; (4) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application, and (5) college transcripts. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Please note that all employees of Arkansas State University Mid-South are subject to a background check.
Forward your application and additional paperwork to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to HumanResources@asumidsouth.edu
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.