This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Answer office telephone.
- Meet with students and parents concerning the financial aid process, types of financial aid available, deadlines and procedures, offering assistance to complete various financial aid forms and documents, and emailing/mailing financial aid materials when necessary.
- Support a professional office environment.
- Provide efficient and courteous customer service focused on institutional responsiveness to external visitors, students, and co-workers.
- Process student aid applications; After reviewing need analysis statements, determine financial need, based upon the review of need analysis forms; Review all data for accuracy and completeness; and Package awards according to eligibility and regulations.
- Enter student documents and data into the College’s student information system, Ellucian Colleague, with accuracy to ensure the integrity of student academic records.
- Assist in compiling state and federal financial aid reports and rosters; Attend workshops to keep abreast of new regulations; Prepare award letters for students receiving financial aid, Disburse financial aid; Record and submit award information to the College’s business office.
- Calculate return to title IV (R2T4) amounts each semester.
- Maintain rosters for various Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) state scholarship programs.
- Keep abreast of ADHE regulations, Veterans’ Administration regulations, and U. S. Department of Education regulations, which will require travel to local, regional, and national professional development opportunities.
- Serve as an active member of the scholarship committee and other campus committees, as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid with developing and maintaining a policy and procedures manual for the office.
- Respond to internal and external requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with processing student applications for work-study and maintain timesheets for work-study students.
- Assist Veterans with paperwork and certify applicable education benefits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree required, with preference to candidates who hold a bachelor’s or more advanced degree. At least three years of experience in an educational setting preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Excel is required. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague and/or Banner, our student information system, preferred. Accurate and timely data entry is essential, and the successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task.
Review of Applications: Begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Projected Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: This is a classified position with the State of Arkansas. Annual salary is $29,836 with a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plan.
Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application which lists three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of any applicable college transcripts. Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to HumanResources@asumidsouth.edu.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Please note all employees of Arkansas State University Mid-South are subject to a background check and driver’s license report verification.