Exceptional opportunity to help develop new Certified Nursing Assistants by teaching at a progressive, student-centered community college close to the metropolitan Memphis, TN, area.
Qualifications: Candidates must be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed in Arkansas or holding a multi-state privilege to practice, and the candidate should have an associate’s degree or higher and previous teaching experience, preferably at a community college. The candidate must have a minimum of two years’ nursing experience, including at least one year of long-term care nursing services within the last five years. Experience may include, but is not limited to, employment in a nursing assistant education program or employment in or supervision of nursing students in a nursing facility or unit, geriatrics department (excluding geriatric psychiatry), long-term acute care hospital, home care, hospice care or other long term care setting. Other qualifications include evidence of ongoing commitment to professional development and to student learning and goal achievement. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications is required, and previous use of Canvas or another LMS is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates who understand active learning and divergent learning styles, and who can develop computer-based learning modules to support classroom instruction.
Responsibilities: Reports to the Dean of Workforce Education with responsibility for instruction and clinical oversight of high school students enrolled in the ASU Mid-South Secondary Technical Center and college students, as well as ensuring and maintaining program compliance with the Office of Long Term Care at the Division of Medical Services at Arkansas Department of Human Services.
• Develop curriculum in response to program Advisory Committee input and ensure program alignment with professional certifications/licensures and local employer partner needs
• Understand and comply with college policies and procedures
• Understand Arkansas state regulatory agency guidelines and standards and maintain program compliance
• Teach courses in accordance with approved ASU Mid-South syllabi and academic standards
• Schedule CNA examinations with Prometric or other testing site(s) for qualifying students
• Assess student learning and implement strategies that help students attain course- and program-level learning outcomes
• Schedule courses for the Certified Nursing Assistant and Medical Professions programs during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters
• Assist with SkillsUSA activities for high school students
• Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure its use meets industry needs and standards
• Order laboratory supplies and maintain an inventory that meets programmatic instructional needs
• Participate in commencement
• Participate in institutional and programmatic recruitment and retention initiatives
• Serve as an academic advisor for students enrolled in the Certified Nursing Assistant and Medical Professions programs
• Build positive relationships with vendors and local health care employers and service providers in support of their workforce training needs
• Serve on college committees, including program advisory committees
• Assist in the recruitment, supervision, and mentoring of additional program faculty
• Teaching schedule may include evening or weekend hours.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and educational discounts for employee and family.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Required Application Materials:
· a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
· a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position,
· a statement of educational philosophy,
· a resume or curriculum vitae, and
· copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
For an application to be considered, all requested materials must be submitted simultaneously either by mail, email, fax, or personal delivery to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301-3829
(870) 733-6719 (FAX)