Grant Funded Position
Qualifications: Associate’s degree preferred with two years professional experience required. At least one-year experience in an educational setting preferred. Background similar or experience working with disadvantaged students preferred. Can communicate effectively with people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds. Working knowledge of budget management and basic bookkeeping principles. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Access, and data entry is essential. Must have the ability to extract and organize information.
Immediate Supervisor: The TRIO EOC Admin Specialist III reports directly to the Director of the Educational Opportunity Center.
General Job Description: The TRIO EOC Admin Specialist III will perform clerical duties and will be responsible for creating and maintaining program databases.
1. Supports a professional office environment of efficiency, courtesy and customer service in suppor
- t of institutional responsiveness to external visitors, students, and co-workers.
2. Maintain program databases. Performs data entry for the TRIO EOC database ensuring accuracy and timeliness of entries in relation to the goals, objectives and activities of the program. Review participant’s folders to ensure all required documents are on file.
3. Provides general clerical support for TRIO EOC including; taking minutes at staff and other program meetings; preparing requisitions, internal supply requests, and travel documents; maintaining the grant repository; tracking budget expenditures and assisting with the preparation of grant reports, monthly reports and annual performance reports. Ensure that the Equipment Inventory Tracking list, and the Educational Opportunity Center Resource and Policy manuals are updated in a timely manner.
4. Maintain TRiO EOC Calendar of Events and ensure that emails are sent to participants and faculty on a weekly basis advertising each event. Updating Outlook to include each scheduled event. Prepare folders for sign-up and sign-in list, online evaluations, room and facilities use requests; fliers and creative services request, maintenance and vehicle requests as needed.
5. Engages in professional development which enhances job performance and growth. Overnight stay may be required for annual, state or regional conferences.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits: $25,268 with full college benefits. ASU Mid-South offers a benefit package that includes retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
Proposed Start Date: A review of applications has begun and will continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
- a letter of application specifying the position of interest,
- a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references,
- and a resume.
How to Apply: Email a letter of interest, resume, employment application and any required materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers