Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementing, coordinating, and executing, recruiting and outreach events that promote the objectives and outcomes of ASU Mid-South’s comprehensive enrollment management plan, including the mapping and execution of communications and interactions with prospective students, effectively advising and registering new students, and developing a method for evaluating campus recruiting and outreach efforts. Travel in Crittenden County, surrounding Arkansas counties, and the Memphis metropolitan area, is required. Evening and weekend hours are required. The Recruiter serves as an integral part of the Enrollment Services team and reports directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, master’s degree preferred. Knowledge of current trends in recruiting and marketing higher education to a diverse student population, including concurrent (dual enrollment), traditional, and non-traditional students. Knowledge of the various steps of the enrollment process from prospect to applicant to enrolled student. Ability to effectively present information to both individuals and groups of prospective students, K-12 personnel, and other campus constituents. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership skills, and proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Initiate, plan, and execute recruiting and outreach events in the traditional recruitment area of the institution, including concurrent, traditional, and non-traditional student populations.
· Coordinate and execute initial communications and follow-up communications with new and prospective student inquiries utilizing available resources, including phone, email, and Communications Management.
· Clearly and effectively communicate with all constituencies; including Enrollment Services team members, prospective students, concurrently-enrolled students, parents, and other campus constituents.
· Maintain relationships with high school counselors, adult education programs, and community organizations.
· Select and train Student Ambassadors to assist with recruiting and outreach activities.
· Effectively advise and register new students to ASU Mid-South, and be fully aware of academic programs and financial aid/scholarships available.
· Organize campus tours for campus constituencies, including prospective students and their parents and community members/organizations.
· Initiate, plan, and execute special projects in accordance with the goals and objectives of the office of Enrollment Services.
· Maintain records on prospective students and complete monthly reports.
· Evaluate program and task effectiveness, assess outcomes, and develop improved processes to achieve goals.
· Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to registration, placement testing, and college committee work.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Ambassadors
PROPOSED SALARY: $35,000 with competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
PROJECTED START DATE: June 15, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position please provide a completed ASU Mid-South Application for Employment (available from our website), with three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, and your resume. Please forward these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process. ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.