Summary / Objective
Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South) in West Memphis, Arkansas, is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Project Success Administrative Specialist. This is a part time position working up to 29 hours per week. This position provides operational, organizational, fiscal, and administrative services to Career Services and Student Support Services, reporting directly to the Career Services Specialist. This is a part-time position without benefits.
This position offers dynamic opportunities to become an integral part of the student affairs team that delivers support services and career readiness training programs to secondary technical center students and college students, driving regional workforce development initiatives in collaboration with external stakeholders and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge of college operating policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative, process, analytical, and fiscal analysis support.
- Process internship eligibility and payroll paperwork in a timely and efficient manner, following up with students and appropriate individuals as needed.
- Effectively organize and retrieve files and records.
- Maintain proper grant related files and documentation.
- Contribute to and organize the department’s grants repository folder, Google Drive, and shared One Drive
- Prepare and gather information and materials for grant related meetings and appointments.
- Maintain the master calendar of events, deadlines, and reminders for grant related activities and items.
- Responsible for maintaining the timesheet and payroll tracking system for student interns.
- Works directly with human resources and grants management office to ensure forms and deadlines are met.
- Regularly meets with grant compliance officer(s) and department leads to ensure all requirements of the grant are consistently followed and documented to meet internal, state, and federal grant guidelines.
- Aid in the distribution and promotion of recruitment efforts for grant related activities.
- Provide supporting information and documentation for purchases, inventory, reports and presentations and as otherwise requested.
- Interact as a team member and serve as an information resource with all Workforce Education faculty, staff, programs, and services.
- Prioritize and complete tasks and multi-task with timeliness and accuracy.
- Work independently or with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Assist in the planning, organization, facilities reservations, and follow-up related to Workforce Education meetings and events.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills; communicate accurate and complete information in a timely manner; respect and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, administration, ancillary departments, vendors, and other external constituencies.
- Process internal and external inquiries with professionalism and exceptional customer service, providing information or directing inquiries to the appropriate individual, as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance position knowledge and skills.
- Participate in college meetings, workshops, and committees in support of departmental engagement, representation, and goals, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
Administrative and/or budget-related experience, with a higher education environment preferred. Knowledge of budget-related processes and financial data management. Attention to detail with productive organizational, planning, and time management skills. Strong communication skills and ability to analyze and convey complex information obtained from multiple sources, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated skill and accuracy in writing and editing, including mastery of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to organize and execute multiple tasks, meeting strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Proficient knowledge of office operations, office equipment, and basic mathematical calculations. Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation. Demonstrated track record of professional dependability and reliability, including punctuality and the ability to work both without supervision and as part of a team. Basic research skills and the ability to locate and interpret information. High level of proficiency in computer applications, preferably MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be friendly, helpful, and professional, with exceptional front line customer relations skills as there is significant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and community workforce partners.
Required Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Office Administration, Accounting, or other discipline related to the position from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum of 3 years’ related progressive work experience in an office, business, or education setting. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A compelling combination of education, work experience, and/or professional certifications may be considered.
Salary: $14 per hour.
Projected Start Date: August 2, 2021
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of the following items. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- A detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the position.
- A current resume.
- A list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each.
- A completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application.
- College transcripts.
Note: All employees of Arkansas State University are subject to a background check as well as a driver’s license check.
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.