U.S. Department of Education Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant
Requirements: Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred, with at least 5 years’ experience working in a leadership position in higher education; effective interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate as a member of a leadership team; experience in managing projects and personnel; ability to use computer applications to organize, track and analyze data; and experience in assessing the progress, challenges, and successes of projects. Community college experience related to student support and instructional systems and/or grant administration is highly desirable.
Responsibilities: The Project Director reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs with the following responsibilities related to the oversight and evaluation of personnel, successful implementation of project activities and attainment of grant objectives, budget management, evaluation, compliance, communications, and reporting.
- Model a leadership role in initiating hiring processes for other Title III grant-funded personnel and in supervising, coaching, and evaluating grant personnel.
- Remain current on and apply U. S. Department of Education policies and grant terms/conditions in support of program compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain a current, comprehensive internal controls project manual which specifies all policies and procedures, staff responsibilities and lines of authority, job descriptions, examples of all required forms, reporting procedures, grant timelines, and contact information.
- Manage grant expenditures and budgets, ensuring compliance with federal regulations applicable to Title III programs and adherence to ASU Mid-South’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory of grant-funded equipment.
- Ensure the accuracy, completion, and submission of required internal and external reports in a timely manner, including Personnel Activity Reports (PARs); monitor time and effort of grant-funded personnel.
- Oversee execution and attainment of grant activities and outcomes, monitoring outcomes and working with the external project evaluator to ensure comprehensive independent evaluation of project activities and outcomes each year.
- Ensure that adequate documentation of grant activities is maintained in accordance with federal and College requirements.
- Conduct and/or participate in meetings as outlined in the grant and as required by the College.
- Help to ensure effective communication and collaboration, both internally and externally, for successful implementation and attainment of grant activities and goals.
- Work effectively to institutionalize new practices and improvements developed by the grant.
- Attend the Title III national conference each year and participate in internal College workshops to stay abreast of policies, procedures, and compliance issues and to learn subject matter content related to the grant.
- Perform other grant-related duties as assigned
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $55,000 with full College benefits
Required Application Materials: Application materials must include a completed ASU Mid-South Application for Employment, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, copies of graduate transcripts, and three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.