This is a full-time, 10-month, 30 hours per week position with full college benefits.
· Bachelor’s degree in physical education, kinesiology, or related field with 2 years’ experience leading fitness and sports programs
· Experience working with disadvantaged, minority and/or low income students in an educational setting
· Good organizational, communication, and computer skills
· Experience teaching or working in programs to promote wellness and physical fitness
· Background similar to that of ASU Mid-South students preferred.
The Intramurals – Wellness Coordinator reports to the Director of PBI and the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and has responsibilities for the following: develop and manage an intramurals program, manage the Thomas B. Goldsby Athletic Training Center, promote a team environment among participants, collect participation data of African American males in athletic activities and resultant, grant-related, retention and academic success data, document the use of facilities, develop guidelines for safe use of facilities, develop a schedule for use of facilities, and enforce safety guidelines. To ensure grant objectives are met, weekly reports are required.
Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Proposed Salary: $25,250 with competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family. Additional duties based on education and experience may allow for additional income opportunities.
Projected Start Date: August 19, 2019
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Required Application Materials:
· a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
· a complete ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position,
· a resume or curriculum vitae, and
· copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
Please send all materials to Jackie Leech at email@example.com.