The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) grant program focuses on the recruitment of non-traditional participants to post‑secondary education or training. Academic Coaches work individually and in groups coaching participants who have dropped out of school or college, are unemployed or under‑employed and need assistance in defining their goals and assessing their skills and knowledge. Coaches must have a minimum of two contacts with each potential student as part of the grant requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports to the Director of TRiO EOC with responsibilities as follows:
- Perform data entry assist with maintaining program database
- Upkeep of files and filing system
· Review participant’s folders to ensure all required documents are on file
- Assist potential students with admission information and career opportunities
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of contacts with program participants
- Recruits/enrolls participants in the EOC program
- Some local travel as well as evening and weekend work may be required
Competencies/Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft applications
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse client base
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and analyze data
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, education, social work, counseling or another related field with at least two years’ experience working with under-prepared and disadvantaged adults preferred. Customer service and/or sales experience helpful. Knowledge of Crittenden and Shelby county communities is a plus.
Proposed Salary: $16.00 hourly/20 hours weekly
Proposed Start Date: To be decided. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application to include three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of all applicable college transcripts. Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to email@example.com
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.