Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South) is seeking a Medical Professions individual with responsibility for instruction of high school students enrolled in the ASU Mid-South Secondary Technical Center. This is a 10-month instruction position which reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce Programs at the ASU Mid-South Secondary Technical Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
· instruction of high school students enrolled in the ASU Mid-South Secondary Technical Center;
· curriculum development,
· assessment of student learning,
· coordination of SkillsUSA activities for high school students, and
· oversight of laboratory supplies and equipment
· serving on college committees, academic assessment, and academic advising.
· Teaching schedule may include evening hours.
· Preference will be given to candidates who understand active learning and divergent learning styles, and who can develop computer-based learning modules to support classroom instruction.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
This position will primarily teach High school students in grades 10-12 who will be enrolled in the Medical Professions classes on the college campus. Experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomist, or EMT is a plus. Preference also given to candidates with a minimum of two (2) years LPN or RN nursing experience including at least one (1) year in the provision of long-term care nursing services within the last five (5) years.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Allied Health, Nursing, or closely related health professional field required. Preference will be given to candidates with prior teaching experience with adult/high school learners.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available, including retirement; health, dental, life and disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and educational discounts for employee and family.
Start Date: August 1, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled. Applications should consist of
(1) detailed cover letter addressing the stated expectations of the position;
(2) current resume;
(3) list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each; and a
(4) completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application.
Documents should be sent to Jackie Leech, Director of Human Resources, ASU Mid-South, 2000 West Broadway, West Memphis, AR 72301. Fax – 870-733-6719. Email – email@example.com.