This is a 10‑month position with full college benefits.
Responsibilities: Reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Learning and Instruction with responsibility for instruction of developmental- and college-level mathematics courses, student retention, assessment of student learning, service on college committees, and other duties as assigned. Work assignments may include evening and/or weekend hours.
Education: Master’s degree in either Mathematics or Mathematics Education with 18+ graduate hours in mathematics; previous teaching experience, preferably at a community college.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
- evidence of ongoing commitment to improve teaching and student learning;
- evidence of the ability to work effectively to meet the educational needs of a diverse student body;
- good communication skills; and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Preference will be given to candidates who understand active learning and divergent learning styles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, and previous use of MyMathLab and Campus Cruiser or another Learning Management System is preferred.
Proposed Salary: $37,500 is entry level with competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
Projected Start Date: August 1, 2018. Review of applications will begin June 15, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
- a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
- a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position,
- a statement of educational philosophy,
- a resume or curriculum vitae, and
- copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application to include three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of any applicable college transcripts. Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.