General Description: This a full-time, 40 hour per week grant-funded position that includes days, some evening hours and weekends at ASU-Mid-South campus and off-site locations that may include out-of-county travel and correctional facilities. The Lead Career Coach reports directly to the Director of Adult Education and Literacy and assists the Adult Education Director in managing the career and college planning activities, student engagement, and workforce training services for program participants.
1. Facilitate career and employability specific courses
- Create lesson plans that effectively utilize all materials and resources available to achieve the objectives of the curriculum
- Evaluates adult understanding of the information and adjusts instruction accordingly
- Facilitate earning and growth by ensuring program participants are working towards their academic and career goals and reaching standards
- Motivate learners to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Document accurate records of attendance, behaviors, and learning progress within all appropriate systems to ensure learns are receiving proper credits or certifications
- Participates in career technical academic support programs, certification, programs, and student professional organizations
- Act as a substitute instructor as needed
2. Conduct job coaching, career advising, and workforce development
- Facilitate initial career assessments, student learning plan, student orientation, and college and career plan.
- Utilize industry standards to advise Adult students toward careers of interest and of growth
- Conduct industry-focused assessments of program participants to gauge their readiness in various career pathways
- Meet frequently with Instructors, the Lead Career Coach, and the Enrollment Coordinator to ensure collaborative case planning.
- Be available to program participants who have completed active participation in the program to continue to assist in job coaching and advising, as needed
- Connect with local employers to create internship and long-term job placement for participants
3. Offer academic support, college access, and post-secondary retention help
- Work with Instructors to ensure adult learners develop and maintain their student learning plan
- Provides college support for 1st-year college students
- Support students one-on-one to maximize financial aid, minimize loan debt and make informed financial decisions about the best post-secondary option available
- Empower students with the knowledge and skills to face future obstacles and access the financial aid that enables them to complete their degree with limited debt
- Monitor academic progress and counseling focused on progress reports and report cards
- Support and guide on the college enrollment process; begin support with navigating the ASU Mid-South, along with FAFSA application process with each eligible student
- Model and teach effective problem solving, self-advocacy, academic mindset, self-regulation, persistence, and positive behavior to all students on caseload
- Develop and execute a recruitment and retention plan.
4. Engages in professional development for job enhancement and growth
- Attends conferences and/or workshops to learn about developing practices and program requirements.
- Attends college advisory and registration meetings and other workshops related to student retention and success.
- Completes the required number of professional hours for program compliance.
5. Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Master’s degree in education, administration or related field preferred. Valid Arkansas Teacher License or an Arkansas Department of Career Education – Adult Education Divison Teacher Waiver required. If not licensed in Adult Education, the selected applicant must obtain licensure within three years of employment and show progress toward certification annually. Two to three (2-3) years’ experience as a teacher or administrator in education or related field.
Salary: $35,000 – $37,500. Actual salary commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
Required Application Materials:
· A letter of application specifying the position of interest,
· A completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references,
· A resume or curriculum vitae, and
- A copy(ies) of all college transcripts.
Please submit all requested materials to Arkansas State University Mid-South, ATTN: Jackie Leech, 2000 West Broadway, West Memphis, AR 72301 by fax, 870-733-6719 or email to email@example.com
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.