Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant
Arkansas State University Mid-South, a comprehensive community college serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, seeks a full-time Instructional Technology Design Specialist. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant team, which is developing and implementing numerous technology-based strategies to support student learning, retention, and success. This transformative initiative includes the creation of several online courses, certificates, and associate degrees with an intensive focus on quality standards and certification of online courses and faculty professional development.
The Instructional Technology Design Specialist reports to the Title III Project Director, while collaborating with faculty and staff from across the College to accomplish grant activities and objectives. The successful candidate will provide leadership and assistance to faculty and staff with the development and implementation of online courses, online certificate/degree programs, and online academic support. This includes implementing, managing, and evaluating the Quality Matters program to assure high-quality online course certification and delivery.
This is a full-time, 12-month, grant-funded position with full college benefits. The time period of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant is October 1, 2019-September 30, 2024.
· Master’s degree or higher in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field
· At least 3 years’ work experience related to degree, preferably at an institution of higher education
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to inspire faculty to improve teaching skills
· Experience with Canvas
· Demonstrated understanding of academic needs of underprepared, low income, first generation in college, and traditionally underrepresented students
· Plan, Implement, manage, and evaluate the Quality Matters program to assure high-quality online course delivery.
· Assist in the identification/purchase of and provide training on equipment that supports online instruction and academic support.
· Develop and deliver faculty and staff training that supports online instruction and academic support
· Assist with development and implementation of online degree programs.
· Research, recommend, create, and implement appropriate educational technologies and tools, while assisting faculty with course development, assessment, and evaluation.
· Consult with faculty to ensure that online course content, activities, and assessments are aligned to curricular goals, student outcomes, and learning objectives
· Consult with and assist faculty regarding specific matters related to instructional tools and technology.
· Provide guidance to faculty in the design and development of online delivery of text, graphics, animations, video, and media content.
· Leverage technology resources in order to share ideas with faculty and staff to enhance curriculum and academic support.
· Know and understand current classroom teaching methodologies to support faculty and students.
· Assist in identifying and maintaining equipment, tools, supplies, and instructional aids and in determining ongoing programmatic and instructional needs.
· Monitor industry trends and technologies to ensure curricular relevance.
· Participate in professional development related to online course development, including Quality Matters, and other areas related to position responsibilities.
· Participate in internal workshops and training opportunities to learn about ASU Mid-South technology infrastructure and capabilities, processes, the student information system, electronic data/files management, and security protocols.
· Maintain time/effort and other grant documentation, as required.
· Serve as a member of the Instructional Technology/On-Line Learning Committee and other College committees, as appropriate.
· Participate in grant-related and other College meetings and activities, such as Title III grant meetings and faculty/staff meetings.
· Participate in commencement and other required activities.
· Understand and comply with College policies and procedures.
· Assume responsibility for other duties which may be assigned.
$40,000 with full College benefits. Not negotiable. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurance; a flex benefits plan; tuition discounts; and retirement plan.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the stated expectations of the position; (2) a current resume or curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each; (4) a completed ASU
Mid-South Employment Application, and (5) college transcripts. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Please note that all employees of Arkansas State University are subject to a background check. Forward your application and additional paperwork to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to HumanResources@asumidsouth.edu
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.