The Human Resources Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing human resources objectives, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts and coordinates new employee orientation programs as needed; explains the employee handbook, policies and procedures.
- Delivers new hire contracts in a timely manner.
- Leads process of contracts and letters of appointments with adjuncts for each term and letters of appointment annually or as directed.
- Presents benefits package information to new hires. Reviews new hire paperwork for payroll processes;
- Accurately and timely enrolls new employees in appropriate benefit plans per individual’s request. Insures applications are complete and forwarded to proper plan and records are maintained in Personnel.
- Monthly reconciles statements from benefit plan with Payroll and Finance offices.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding benefit programs—medical, dental, retirement, cafeteria plans, providing payroll and external agencies with updates.
- Assists in analyses of a wide range of state policies, involving organization, procedures and services.
- Reviews exit process with each individual who resigns or leaves employment; presents COBRA.
- Assist in collecting all HR and payroll forms, scanning and accurately indexing in timely manner, and provide ready access upon request.
- Gather and prepare report information for federal, regional, and state reports as requested throughout year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities
Preference given to individuals with knowledge and experience in a database system especially as it relates to human resources processes; knowledge of financial and accounting principles for reconciliation of benefit programs; knowledge of organizational management, payroll, benefit and budget processes is essential.
An Associate’s degree is preferred but years of work experience in the human resources field or a related category will be accepted. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Word and the ability to work with others in a professional and courteous manner is required.
This is a classified position with the state of Arkansas, Grade C117, with a starting salary of $32,249 and a complete package of employee benefits which include insurance, tuition waivers and a retirement plan.
Start Date: December 1. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter; (2) a current resume; (3) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application with three professional references. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The completed application documents should be forwarded to Jackie Leech, ASU Mid-South Human Resources, 2000 West Broadway, West Memphis, AR 72301. Documents may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.