The Grant Accountant is responsible for the maintenance, analysis, interpretation, and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers, and accounts, analysis of financial data, financial statements, and expenditure reports, and presentation of financial data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyzes fiscal transactions to ensure conformity and compliance with accepted accounting procedures and practices and the governing policies and procedures as stated in each grant award. Trains sub-professional accounting, clerical, and other staff as assigned in accomplishment of varied accounting related duties. Prepares and monitors applicable grant budgets; monitors and forecasts revenues and expenditures; and reviews, analyzes, and presents financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports to determine funding requirements. Prepares financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; Maintains various ledgers, journals, registers, and other fiscal records; Reviews and processes expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies/Knowledge/Skills & Abilities
· Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, and email and excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Must be able to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff, have a demonstrated ability to collect, organize, and analyze data.
· Preference will be given to candidates with Federal grant experience
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial Management, General Business or related field preferred with at least three years’ experience in accounting, financial management, or a related area
Proposed Salary: Entry Level Salary of $35,554 with full college benefits. ASU Mid-South offers a benefit package that includes retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
Proposed Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Applications should consist of
· A detailed cover letter addressing the stated expectations of the position;
· A completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references, and
· A resume or curriculum vitae.
All communications should be directed to:
Director of Human Resources
Arkansas State University Mid-South
Phone (870) 733-6741
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.