The Director of Human Resources has primary responsibility for all personnel, compliance, employee relations and staff development, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity functions of the college and provides advice and counsel on a range of personnel matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides leadership and supervision for Human Resources operations including:
· Compensation and benefits administration and processing including payroll, leaves, workers compensation, performance assessment, and compliance training
· Creation and maintenance of human resources records and files
· Coordination and monitoring of all search and hiring processes
· Responding to internal and external requests for service, information, and/or data
· Effectively supervise and mentor staff
· Administration of human resources, search and wellness budgets
Delivers high quality generalist human resource services including:
· Management of all individual personnel and workforce management actions including hires, promotions/demotions/transfers, and terminations
· Establish and/or recommend salary ranges, offers, and compensation adjustments and monitor salary reports
· Provide professional level advice and counsel to supervisors, faculty and administrators and managers across entire range of employee relations and organizational matters including performance assessment and management, corrective actions, dispute resolution, compensation and classification, and recruitment and retention.
· Develop, implement, and assess campus HR policies and practices to ensure compliance with employment law and investigates, refer and/or respond as appropriate to a wide variety of sensitive and complex internal or external inquiries, issues, complaints and/or grievances.
Other duties as assigned.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and conflict mediation skills.
· Solid computer/technology skills
· Researching, data collection, manipulation and reporting skills
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Lead, manage, direct and evaluate staff
· Protect and uphold the highest ethical standards and have demonstrated leadership ability
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, public administration or closely related field (or unrelated degree plus two additional years of relevant experience) preferred;
· Minimum of three years of increasingly responsible salaried Human Resources administrative and supervisory experience.
Salary and Benefits
This position provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick leave; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; a retirement plan; and educational discounts for employees and family.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please note: per ASU Board Policy, all employees are required to submit to a pre-employment
Required Application Materials
Interested applicants should submit (1) a letter of application, detailing interest and fit for the position; (2) a current curriculum vitae; (3) a college transcript showing both relevant and highest degree earned; (4) name and contact information for three professional references; and (5) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application https://www.asumidsouth.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Employment_Application.pdf.
Please submit all requested materials to Arkansas State University Mid-South, ATTN: Jackie Leech, 2000 West Broadway, West Memphis, AR 72301 by fax, 870-733-6719 or email to email@example.com
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers