12-Month, Full-Time Position
ASU Mid-South, a comprehensive community college located just minutes from downtown Memphis, Tennessee, seeks a progressive, energetic, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to provide support to and instruction in its existing Respiratory Therapy program to train individuals to fill the demand for Registered Respiratory Therapists in the greater Memphis medical community. ASU Mid-South’s Respiratory Therapy program offers students an opportunity to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university; Master’s preferred
• Licensure in Respiratory Care in good standing from the Arkansas Medical Board and verifiable Registration as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
• Minimum of four (4) years experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, with at least two (2) of these years in clinical respiratory care
• Minimum of two (2) years teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or clinical preceptor
• Out-of-state applicants will be expected to reciprocate and maintain licensure in Arkansas if selected for the position
• Preference for at least 3 years prior teaching experience with adult learners, preferably at a community college.
Ability to read/analyze and interpret common reports and legal documents related to the Respiratory Care profession. Applicant must exhibit excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education reports to the Program Director for Respiratory Care with responsibility for curriculum development and revision, instruction, academic advising, and the assessment of student learning. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Understand the Standards of and ensure compliance with the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
• Assist in developing curriculum for the Respiratory Care program, working with the Program Director to ensure the integration of basic skills and student success strategies.
• Work with the Program Director to develop appropriate and effective assessment strategies to measure student learning and support student attainment of course- and program-level learning outcomes.
• Teaching 15 to 18 credits hours a semester or an equivalent schedule of clinical instruction, including management of the student clinical experience, and curriculum development (schedule may include some evening or weekend hours).
• Identifying and establishing relationships with clinical education sites affiliated for students’ clinical experiences, and regularly monitoring student assignments.
• Support development of required reports, such as the Continuing Self-Study Report (CSSR), for the program’s accrediting body, and support efforts to attain an Initial Affirmation of Continuing Accreditation status for the program.
• Work with program advisory committee members and the Program Director to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes reflect current industry needs.
- Serve as an academic advisor for students enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy program.
- Participate in registration, commencement, and other required activities.
- Participate in institutional and programmatic recruitment and retention initiatives.
• Understand and comply with College policies and procedures.
• Maintain accurate and timely records for accreditation reporting; use the College’s LMS to provide students with up-to-date grades and attendance records.
• Serve on College committees, including program advisory committees.
• Participating in professional development that supports assigned responsibilities.
• Assume other duties as required.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and educational discounts for employee and family.
PROPOSED START DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
• a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
• a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position,
• a statement of educational philosophy,
• a resume or curriculum vitae, and
• copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
For an application to be considered, all requested materials must be submitted simultaneously either by mail, email, fax, or personal delivery to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.