The Director of the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC) at Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South) reports to the Chancellor and is responsible for all aspects of Regional Office operations. The Director works closely with the ASBTDC State Director and lead center management team and ASU Mid-South staff, students and faculty.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management assistance, technical advice, and problem solving help with financial analysis and budgeting, marketing, business planning and modeling, loan proposal development; and conducting business and market research.
- Responsible for financial and programmatic management of the Regional Office under the terms and conditions imposed by the SBA federal awards, contract/memorandum of agreement with the UALR Lead Center, OMB Circulars, federal regulations, ASBTDC Policies and Procedures Manual
- Responsible for Regional Office budget; management of accounts including grant, match, and program income accounts; approval of quarterly expenditure reporting
- Responsible for fulfilling reporting requirements, participation in all programmatic and financial reviews, accreditation review, network strategic planning
- Responsible for achieving Regional Office performance measures, ratings and response rates on impact surveys, client satisfaction surveys and event evaluations
- Develop and implements entrepreneurial programming and events
- Conduct outreach within the business community and works with lenders to generate consulting referrals
- Participate in implementation of ASBTDC Marketing Plan
- Facilitate student engagement in entrepreneurial activities through experiential learning activities
- Other duties as assigned in order to accomplish the goals and mission of the organization
- Earn specific certifications in support of ASBTDC strategic initiatives such as Export Counselor Certification and Economic Development Finance Professional Certification within 36 months of employment
- Earns 32 hours of professional development annually, in accordance with the professional development policies in the ASU Mid-South Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree with significant course work in business
- Direct experience with business planning, marketing, and financial management
- Ability to prepare, understand and analyze financial statements
- Experience supervising employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to develop and teach small business seminars
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and skills necessary to conduct outreach with the business community and to engage with this target group
- MBA or Master’s degree in applicable field
- Experience as a small business owner
- Experience preparing loan proposals for financial institutions
- Experience managing federal grants
- Experience working with programs designed to assist small businesses at the federal, state, and local levels
- Employee must have own transportation, possess valid driver’s license and meet state requirements for operating vehicles on state business
- Ability to conduct evening and weekend work as required
- Ability to travel overnight and out-of-state as required
Please note that ASU Mid-South and ASBTDC require background checks as part of the employment process. All positions at ASU Mid-South are subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry screening. In addition, ASBTDC requires a financial history check and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.