(Crittenden & Cross Counties)
General Description: This a full-time, 40 hour per week grant-funded position that includes days, some evening hours and weekends at ASU-Mid-South campus and off-site locations that may include out-of-county travel and correctional facilities. The SNAP E&T Coordinator assists the Director in providing employment and training services that include barrier removal, long-term planning, vocational/post-secondary training, and gaining career-level employment. This position reports directly to the Director of Adult Education and Literacy.
- Perform case management and administrative functions
○ Process referrals received from SNAP E&T Central Office on a weekly basis
○ Provide reverse referrals for individuals when necessary
○ Conduct a preliminary assessment of individuals in a timely manner
○ Monitor participants progress monthly and provide steps to help maintain successful progress
○ Maintain up-to-date participant files
○ Ensure timely submission of all required internal and external reports
○ Develops and performs mentoring, coaching and follow up strategies to ensure retention of participants.
○ Conducts outreach and recruitment activities to engage new referral sources and participants.
- Conduct job coaching, career advising, and workforce development
○ Work in conjunction with the Lead Career Coach to facilitate initial career assessments, student learning plans, student orientation, and employment plans.
○ Meet frequently with Instructors, the Lead Career Coach, and the Enrollment Coordinator to ensure collaborative case planning.
○ Connect with local employers to create internship and long-term job placement for participants
- Network with other providers/organizations to generate community resources for participants
○ Assists participants with researching and accessing needed services including additional job training, educational support, counseling, housing, childcare, medical services, and others.
○ Model and teach effective problem solving, self-advocacy, academic mindset, self-regulation, persistence, and positive behavior to all students on caseload through workshops, training, and one-on-one sessions.
○ Works with the Arkansas Department of Community Corrections Probation officers and Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) staff to recruit and engage participants.
○ Coordinates participants’ participation in programs with collaborating agencies.
- Engages in professional development for job enhancement and growth
○ Attends conferences and/or workshops to learn about developing practices and program requirements.
○ Attends college advisory and registration meetings and other workshops related to student retention and success.
○ Completes the required number of professional hours for program compliance.
- Model effective teaching
○ Provide effective instruction for Adult Education students using state-approved best practices; designs and selects classroom activities and lessons which help students progress toward skills achievement; counsels students monthly on their progress;
○ Participate in team teaching and planning as appropriate; maintains order and discipline in the classroom; maintains the integrity of all classroom materials.
○ Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
○ Analyzes assessment data and use it to inform and differentiate your instruction
○ Maintains close relationships with students, including phone calls and conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Master’s degree in education, administration or related field preferred. Valid Arkansas Teacher License or an Arkansas Department of Workforce Services – Adult Education Section Teacher Waiver required. If not licensed in Adult Education, the selected applicant must obtain licensure within three years of employment and show progress toward certification annually. Two to three (2-3) years’ experience as a teacher or administrator in education or related field. Complete Career Service Provider (CSP) certification within the first year of employment.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $37,500 – $40,000. Actual salary commensurate with education, experience, and credentials.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.