Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant
Summary / Objective
Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South), a comprehensive community college serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Administrative Specialist for its transformative U.S. Department of Education Title III Strengthening Institutions grant. This individual will be an integral member of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant team, which is developing and implementing numerous strategies to support student learning, retention, and success.
The Administrative Specialist reports to the Title III Project Director and interacts closely with Title III grant staff and other college faculty/staff to accomplish grant activities and objectives. The successful candidate will be well organized, detail oriented, and proficient in creating/maintaining accurate spreadsheets and other grant documentation. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) at a silver level or higher is a plus. Computer applications skills tests may be required as part of the interview process. The time period of the Title III Strengthening Institutions grant is October 1, 2019-September 30, 2024. This is a full-time, 12-month, grant-funded position with full college benefits.
• Associate degree in Office Management or related, or a high school diploma with at least 4 years’ related work experience with progressive responsibilities in office management.
• Good knowledge of database management and bookkeeping.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of team.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with correspondence, recordkeeping, and tracking purchases.
• Assist with preparation of required reports.
• Monitor location and condition of equipment.
• Perform requisition entries for financial transactions, with understanding and follow-up of the entire transaction cycle until completed, and seek to resolve issues as necessary.
• Maintain/provide supporting information and documentation related to Title III grant timelines, objectives, activities, purchases, inventory, reports and presentations and as otherwise requested.
• Assist in the planning, organization, and follow-up related to Title III grant meetings and activities.
• Effectively organize and retrieve files and records.
• Prioritize and complete tasks and multi-task with timeliness and accuracy.
• Work independently or with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills; communicate accurate and complete information; respect and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and administration.
• Participate in college meetings, workshops, and committees in support of Title III grant engagement, representation, and goals, as necessary.
• Maintain current knowledge of college operating policies and procedures.
This is a classified position with the State of Arkansas, Grade C112, with a starting salary of $25,268 and a complete package of employee benefits which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; tuition waivers; and retirement plan.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the stated expectations of the position; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each; (4) a completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application, and (5) college transcripts, as applicable. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Please note that all employees of Arkansas State University are subject to a background check.
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to email@example.com
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.