This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. The Administrative Specialist will be responsible for staffing the Enrollment Services reception desk and answering the Admissions office telephone. The Administrative Specialist reports directly to the Registrar.
1. Support a professional office environment of efficiency, courtesy and customer service, focused on institutional responsiveness to external visitors, students, and co-workers.
2. Accurately process admissions applications in a timely manner.
3. Enter student documents and data into Datatel Colleague, our student information system, with accuracy, to ensure the integrity of student academic records.
4. Process transcript requests.
5. Process and prepare student mail-outs using our student information system.
6. Serve as a primary staff member responsible for processing student identification cards.
7. Maintain permanent files and academic records in accordance with stated policies, including the accurate filing of physical student records.
8. Respond to internal and external requests in a timely and professional manner.
9. Assist with both new student and concurrent student orientations, registration sessions, and graduation.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal education equivalent of a high school diploma, Associate’s preferred. At least one year experience in an educational setting preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications programs, including Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Datatel Colleague, our student information system, preferred. Data entry is essential and must have the ability to multi-task.
Review of Applications: Begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Projected Start Date: January 3, 2019
Salary: This is a Grade 112 position with the state. Annual salary is $25,268 with a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plan.
Application materials must include an ASU Mid-South Employment Application which lists three professional references, a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a copy of any applicable college transcripts. Please submit all requested materials to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.