Summary / Objective
Arkansas State University Mid-South (ASU Mid-South) in West Memphis, Arkansas, is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Administrative Analyst for the Workforce Education Division. The Administrative Analyst provides operational, organizational, fiscal, and administrative services to the Division, reporting directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives and Workforce Education. This is a full-time, 12-month position with full college benefits.
This position offers dynamic opportunities to become an integral part of the faculty/staff team that delivers credit and non-credit workforce education and customized training programs to secondary technical center students, college students, incumbent workers, and the community, resulting in associate degrees, technical certificates, certificates of proficiency, and professional certifications; and drives regional workforce development initiatives in collaboration with external stakeholders and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain current knowledge of college operating policies and procedures.
· Provide administrative, process, analytical, and purchase transaction support.
· Perform requisition entries for financial transactions, with understanding and follow-up of the entire transaction cycle until completed, and seeks to resolve issues as necessary.
· Process travel arrangements and assist with preparation of travel reimbursement requests.
· Effectively organize and retrieve files and records.
· Contact appropriate maintenance services for preventive maintenance, facilities maintenance, and service on equipment for multiple programs and buildings, as needed.
· Provide supporting information and documentation for purchases, inventory, reports and presentations and as otherwise requested.
· Assist with semester processes for faculty/staff and students.
· Interact as a team member and serve as an information resource with all Workforce Education faculty, staff, programs, and services.
· Prioritize and complete tasks and multi-task with timeliness and accuracy.
· Work independently or with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
· Assist in the planning, organization, facilities reservations, and follow-up related to Workforce Education meetings and events.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills; communicate accurate and complete information; respect and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, administration, ancillary departments, vendors, and other external constituencies.
· Process internal and external inquiries with professionalism and exceptional customer service, providing information or directing inquiries to the appropriate individual, as needed.
· Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance position knowledge and skills.
· Participate in college meetings, workshops, and committees in support of departmental engagement, representation, and goals, as necessary.
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills & Abilities
Administrative and/or budget-related experience, with a higher education environment preferred. Knowledge of budget-related processes and financial data management. Attention to detail with productive organizational, planning, and time management skills. Strong communication skills and ability to analyze and convey complex information obtained from multiple sources, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated skill and accuracy in writing and editing, including mastery of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to organize and execute multiple tasks, meeting strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Proficient knowledge of office operations, office equipment, and basic mathematical calculations. Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation. Demonstrated track record of professional dependability and reliability, including punctuality and the ability to work both without supervision and as part of a team. Basic research skills and the ability to locate and interpret information. High level of proficiency in computer applications, preferably MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Willing to work occasionally outside of normal working hours. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) at a silver level or higher a plus. Computer applications skills tests may be required as part of the interview process.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be friendly, helpful, and professional, with exceptional front line customer relations skills as there is significant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
Required Education and Experience
Associate degree in Business, Office Administration, Accounting, or other discipline related to the position from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum of 3 years’ related progressive work experience in an office, business, or education setting. A compelling combination of education, work experience, and/or professional certifications may be considered.
This is a classified position with the State of Arkansas, Grade C115, with a starting salary of $29,251 and a complete package of employee benefits which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; tuition waivers; and retirement plan.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of the following items. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
1. A detailed cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit for the position.
2. A current resume.
3. A list of three professional references with contact information and a note explaining the working relationship with each.
4. A completed ASU Mid-South Employment Application.
5. College transcripts.
Note: All employees of Arkansas State University are subject to a background check.
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
870-733-6719 (Fax) or email to email@example.com
ASU Mid-South and the Arkansas State University System are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.