ARKANSAS DELTA WORKFORCE OPPORTUNITY FOR RURAL COMMUNITIES
What is ADWORC?
ADWORC stands for Arkansas Delta Workforce Opportunities for Rural Communities.
The purpose of the ADWORC initiative is to increase the labor participation rate in the Arkansas Delta by preparing new entrants for the workforce, particularly persons from impoverished backgrounds, the formerly incarcerated, and dislocated workers for jobs in high-demand fields.
At ASU Mid-South, the ADWORC high demand programs we offer include:
• Aviation Technology
• Diesel Maintenance
• Welding Technology
• Emergency Tech (EMT)
• Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.)
• Respiratory Therapy
Why is this important for you?
Regional labor shortages exist throughout our region. This program provides skills training to individuals who may have been previously unemployed, unemployable or underemployed.
What does ADWORC do?
ADWORC can support qualifying individuals in two ways:
1. Support for current ASU Mid-South students through incentives for training completion.
2. Non-credit training for eligible individuals
Through a 5-week program, ADWORC provides non-credit training designed to help underserved individuals bridge the hiring gap through workforce certifications.
Topics discussed include: Customer Service, Work Ethics, Self-Reflection, Workplace Safety, names and uses of Basic Hand Tools, Quality Control, and others.
Certifications Earned Upon Completion:
• CPR/First Aid
• National Career Readiness (NCRC)
• OSHA 10 Workplace Safety
As an added bonus, participants enrolled in the 5-week program have the opportunity to earn up to $75 per week PLUS an extra incentive upon landing a job!
Is this program for me? Who Is Eligible?
• New Entrants to the Workforce or Long-Term Unemployed (over 6 months)
• Economically Disadvantaged — Any Recipient of Federal, State, or Local Assistance (currently or within previous 6 months)
• Career Pathways Participants (currently or within previous 6 months)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Recipients (currently or within previous 6 months)
• Formerly Incarcerated (within previous 24 months)
• Recently Graduated High School (within previous 12 months)
How do I apply and register for training?
Complete the online intake application and a ADWORC Case Manager will contact you within 3 business days.
Or visit the ADWORC office located on the ASU Mid-South North Campus Workforce Technology Building, RM TC106B for assistance.