Consider becoming a concurrently enrolled student at Arkansas State University Mid-South. Here are some important reasons you might want to do this:
- The concurrent program can save you $3,802-$5,501 toward your education. The technical programs are no cost to you and the Goldsby Scholarship program pays tuition and fees for up to 12 credit hours per academic year for students who qualify. That’s over $1100 per year!
- You can take classes that will put you ahead of the game when you graduate from high school. Students in the technical program work toward industry-recognized Certificates of Proficiency during their first and second years in the program.
- You can earn high school and college credit at the same time. After you graduate high school, you could continue at ASU Mid-South to earn an associate degree or possibly transfer to those credits to a four-year college or university.
Whether you are interested in getting a jump on your college foundational classes or getting the skills to qualify for a rewarding career, ASU Mid-South offers you a Different Kind of Class!
Turn in the documents listed to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Online Application at asumidsouth.edu/application-for-admission/
- Complete the Goldsby Scholarship application online or obtain a Goldsby Scholarship Application from your high school guidance counselor. A new scholarship application must be submitted each semester that a student applies for a Goldsby Scholarship. Both applications must be completed and submitted by August 10 for the fall semester and December 10 for the spring semester.
- Email shot records for Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR 1 & MMR 2) to email@example.com
- Request High School/GED Transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges be sent to email@example.com
- Watch your email for confirmation from your online application & respond as soon as possible
You are not required to apply for financial aid as a concurrent student or a Goldsby Scholar. This step is not needed.
For more information about the criteria for the Goldsby Scholarship program, click here.
(ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, or ACCUPLACER NextGen scores may be submitted) Placement test scores help ASU Mid-South place you in the appropriate level of classes.
- If you have placement test scores, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to take a placement test, sign up at: asumidsouth.edu/testing-sign-up
- The Accuplacer NextGen exam is a computer college placement test used to evaluate skill levels in reading, writing, and mathematics
- You will need a photo ID on the day of the test
- The Accuplacer NextGen test is untimed and costs $15.00
- The testing fee may be paid in person at the Cashier’s Window in the Reynolds Center or using Paypal online through asumidsouth.edu/testing-sign-up
- Watch your email for contact from our Admissions Office & respond when contacted.
- Someone from the Admissions Office who is trained to help you get started will contact you.
- You will get help with identifying courses to meet your academic goals.
- You will get a schedule of classes.