ASU Mid-South, a comprehensive community College serving Crittenden County, Arkansas, and the greater Memphis area, is one of five College partners in the Arkansas Delta Training and Education Consortium. ADTEC has recently received funding from a U.S. Department of Labor/Delta Regional Authority partnership for the Workforce Opportunity in Rural Communities (WORC) initiative, to increase the labor participation rate in regional demand occupations, including new entrants to the workforce, dislocated workers, and formerly incarcerated individuals. ASU Mid-South is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with a passion to help individuals make gains and be successful in entering and persisting in the workforce. The Career/Work Readiness Specialist is a newly created position which reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Workforce Education. A compelling combination of educational background, work experience, and professional credentials may be considered in the identification of the successful candidate. The position is a full-time, 12-month, grant-funded position with full College benefits.
*Arkansas Delta WORC
· Bachelor’s degree in workforce education, workforce development, student services, career services, education administration or leadership, organizational management, adult education, or career and technical education or related field.
· Three years’ related work experience, which demonstrates the ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Experience in providing comprehensive case management services, including intake processes, development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs), academic and career advising, progress monitoring, referrals, follow-ups, assistance with goal setting and barrier resolution, and maintaining case management files and documentation.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and also to coordinate and collaborate with multiple internal and external teams.
· Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills.
· Proficient technology skills in MS applications. Must be able to use Excel at an advanced level. A computer skills test may be a required part of the interview process.
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Master’s degree or higher in workforce education, workforce development, student services, career services, education administration or leadership, organizational management, adult education, or career and technical education or related field.
· Work experience in an education setting, with community College experience a plus
· Grant-related work experience
· Knowledge of workforce system processes
· Experience providing career and work readiness instruction.
· Experience in working with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
1. Coordinate the ADWORC work readiness program (WORK – Work Orientation Retraining Keys).
· Manage scheduling, identify and schedule instructors, and ensure availability of classroom facilities and instructional resources.
· Document student intake, attendance, and progress.
· Collaborate with other College departments to leverage instruction, student services, and other resources.
2. Facilitate the National Career Readiness Certificate program for the ADWORC grant.
· Develop and maintain processes for the delivery of the WorkKeys assessments
· Monitor and document student progress and attainment related to WorkKeys and the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
· Administer WorkKeys and the NCRC to ADWORC grant participants, including individuals in the work readiness program and in career and technical education programs
· Develop knowledge of and manage ADWORC’s ACT WorkKeys and NCRC data portal.
3. Serve as ADWORC grant case manager.
· Provide comprehensive case management and career coaching services to grant participants.
· Administer ADWORC grant intake processes and determine participant eligibility.
· Maintain participant data tracking system and document student progress, attainment of academic credentials and industry certifications, completion of training, and employment.
· Assist in the administration of student attainment incentives and other student supports to help ensure persistence and completion of education and training activities.
· Meet with each participant at regularly designated intervals to mentor, coach, provide support, maintain current information, and help to resolve challenges and barriers.
· Collaborate with ASU Mid-South Career Services and local employers to help create, monitor, and assess work-based learning opportunities and on-the-job verification for eligible program participants.
· Collaborate with Arkansas Workforce Services (One-Stop) personnel regarding participant processes.
· Assist with the delivery of ADWORC recruitment, orientation, and follow-up processes
· Seek to motivate participants to participate in all aspects of relevant education and training processes.
· Maintain accurate, complete, and timely participant and grant documentation.
· Submit reports and other required grant records and documentation by established deadlines.
· Participate in grant-related meetings and activities.
· Interact effectively with other College departments and external entities to achieve grant goals and objectives.
· Update supervisor at designated intervals and as needed regarding activities, developments, and challenges, participating in meetings as requested and requesting guidance when needed.
· Participate in professional development activities, serve on appropriate College committees, and perform other duties as assigned in support of grant objectives.
Salary: $50,000 with full College benefits. Not negotiable. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and educational discounts for employee and family.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Required Application Materials:
· a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
· a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for the position,
· a resume or curriculum vitae, and
· copies of College transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
For an application to be considered, all requested materials must be submitted simultaneously either by mail, email, fax, or personal delivery to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301-3829
(870) 733-6719 (FAX)